Sunday, July 02, 2006

Matt Levinson

Debate has been my primary high school passion for the last four years, and I am excited to continue my career here at mean green (grrrr) as a teacher and coach. First, a little bit about me. I have lived in suburban New Jersey my entire life, but have been fortunate enough to escape the mundanity through frequent travel (one of the many perks of high school debate). When not debating, I enjoy following pro sports, listening to jazz/hip hop/alternative rock, and playing pickup basketball. Some claim that I take kids to school even though I'm not a bus driver. So if any fine young campers need someone to embarrass them, I'm game.
As a Lincoln-Douglas competitor, I debated for four years on the local, regional, and national circuits forRandolph High School (NJ). I became the captain of my debate team as a sophomore and played a significant role in coaching over 40 other students at Randolph High School. Among my proudest competitive accomplishments are winning the NJ State and Manchester-By-the-Sea tournaments. I reached the final round at Newark (twice), Monticello, and Princeton and received bids at Emory, Harvard, and Hendrick Hudson. I attended the TOC three times and broke to elimination rounds at Nationals.

1 Comments:

Blogger meangreenLD said...

Matt Levinson is the BEST person ever. Ever. Wooooo!

10:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home